Date:      Thu, 9 May 2002 11:23:10 +0400
From:      "AMI" <ami@lycos.ru>
To:        "FreeBSD-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mount_mfs -F option

Hello!

It's very risky way! For any times of cron's script may has your computer
may be restarting... Does you on built-in caching of bsd's file system and
true onward!

Regards,
Andrew

>     Greetings,
>
>  I'm in the process of setting up a new server for testing purposes
mainly, and thought, with 2GB of DDR RAM in it, that mounting the PostgreSQL
database into memory would speed things up a little. Now I'm well aware that
once the machine restarts or shuts off all data in memory is lost; my
question is: will using mount_mfs with the -F option allow changes to the
database to be written back to that file [the asynch option?].
>  Sans using a cron job or some shell script hack, can I mount a database
to memory and have updates written to file while when accessed, its read
from memory?