Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 1995 11:19:06 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ron Porter <porter@fozzie.chem.wisc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   help me get perl on my system

Hello,
  I'm reposting this because i'm not sure if the first attempt made it.
My system dosn't have perl on it(FreeBSD1.1.5.1). I installed the system
from the bindist files i FTP'd. Was i supposed to add somthing else
that contained perl?

Also, i tried to compile GNU's perl5.000 but got this error when i ran
make:

In file included from POSIX.c:50:
/usr/include/unistd.h:173: conflicting types for `fork'
/usr/include/unistd.h:69: previous declaration of `fork'
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I ran the configure with -d so that it would answer the question
by itself because i wasn't sure how to answer some.
I then did a "make depend" with no errors reported.

Can someone tell me what this means??
Thanks for any help, Ron
--
[-Ronald W. Porter-------------------][-Running FreeBSD1.1.5.1-------]