Date:      Wed, 18 Apr 2007 09:06:18 +0700
From:      zen <zen@tk-pttuntex.com>
To:        jonathan michaels <jlm@caamora.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tproxy on freebsd

jonathan michaels wrote:

>On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 08:35:16AM +0700, zen wrote:
>

>>jonathan michaels wrote:
>>

>>>alexander,
>>>
>>>list, sorry for posting to list, i tried to post to advertised mail
>>>address and my post bounced as "user unknown". so i try here.

>>>i don't have a problem with this but i am going to be setting up a
>>>similar setup and would appreciate the help a working setup would
>>>provide.
>>>
>>>sorry for my poor english and typing .. i am disabled.
>>>
>>>kind regards
>>>
>>>jonathan
>>>

>>any help will be appreciated, i could use a sample configuration file
>>regarding this problem.
>>FYI i already running transparent proxy with ipf+ipnat,:
>>
>>rdr nve0 0.0.0.0/0 port 80 -> 122.x.x.x port 3128 tcp
>>
>>but with that configuration, still the proxy ip address that visible
>>when my client using the proxy.
>>is it me or just i cant achieve that with FreeBSD?
>>because i hate to switch to other OS only because of this.
>>
>>anyway this what i found in the net, but only work on linux
>>
>>http://www.sanog.org/resources/sanog4-devdas-transproxy.pdf
>>

>sorry my internet (web browser machine/webbrowser is offline) access is
>broken at moment .. i use lynx on a 486dx50, its 20 years old.
>
>will this work on centos v4 and/or debian v3.4 ??? i am setting up a
>compaq proliant 5500r as the network backbone, multi boot (freebsd v6,
>debian v3.4 and ms window 2003 server/professional). this is my fall
>back stratagy.
>
>much thanks and most kind regards
>
>jonathan

i think so, it work on most of linux machine depend on your linux kernel.
here is the patch for the kernel :
http://www.balabit.com/downloads/tproxy/
but if i cand choose linux or FreeBSD i preferred FreeBSD ( i'm a
FreeBSD die hard user).
that's why i ask the people here, maybe they have solutions regarding
this problems.

TIA

Zen