Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 1997 02:30:13 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Klaus Werner Krygier <krygier@kph.uni-mainz.de>
To:        Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers List <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: DEC 21140-Ax problems resolved?

On Fri, 18 Apr 1997, Matt Thomas wrote:

> >I am using a DEC EtherWORKS adapter DE520-AA with a DEC 21140-AB chip and
> >have the same problem. The behaviour is exactly identical as you described.
>
> There is no DE520-AA.  do you mean DE500-XA?

No. The DE520-AA is no standard PCI card but a PCM adapter.
We use also DE500-XA interfaces. They work fine.

> >> 	I have tried using the NetBSD driver as well as the -currrent
> >> one.  In both cases the kernel won't compile.  In the -current case, I
> >> think I may have missed a crucial file.  The NetBSD may just be to far
> >> out of synch.
> >
> >I have tried to boot NetBSD directly and had the same problems too.
>
> What version of NetBSD?  The driver only went recently.

NetBSD 1.2

> look at http://www.3am-software.com/ifmedia.html
> --

Thank you for this hint. I have just spent some hours to generate a new
FreeBSD kernel with the if_de/ifmedia code of NetBSD-current without success.
Your information will help me to save a lot of additional time.

Regards,

Klaus Werner Krygier

| Dr. Klaus Werner Krygier            | Email: krygier@kph.uni-mainz.de |
| Institut für Kernphysik             |                                 |
| Johannes Gutenberg-Universität      | Tel:   +49-6131-39-2960         |
| J.J.Becher-Weg 45                   |        +49-6131-39-5192         |
| D-55099 Mainz                       | Fax:   +49-6131-39-2964         |