Date:      Thu, 30 May 2002 07:54:41 +0200
From:      Aleksander Rozman - Andy <andy@kksonline.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Startup problem with DP1

Hi !

I am starting to be developer on Fbsd and sometime I was working on 5.0,
then I stopped because of lack of time, and after a while I couldn't build
no more, so I decided to reinstall my development environment.

Install went OK, but startup didn't. I know excatly where the problem is. I
am using VMWare workstation on Win2000, and on compile of kernel, I must
change one line in one source file... Problem is that install installed DP1
version of kernel which is normal, so my computer won't start. Is there any
way to make some 4.4 boot disks so that I could start system build new
kernel and then start again. I tried with PicoBSD system, but I couldn't
get it to work. Original version is just 3-BETA, which doesn't support
disks I use (I use ad, 3 supports wd).

Please, any help will be appreciated so that I can continue with my work.

Thanks in advance
Andy

*  Aleksander Rozman - Andy  * Fandoms:  E2:EA, SAABer, Trekkie, Earthie *
*     andy@kksonline.com     * Sentinel, BH 90210, True's Trooper,       *
*    andy@atechnet.dhs.org   * Heller's Angel, Questie, Legacy, PO5,     *
* Maribor, Slovenia (Europe) * Profiler, Buffy (Slayerete), Pretender    *
*     PGP key available      *    http://www.atechnet.dhs.org/~andy/     *