Date:      4 Oct 2007 18:32:08 -0400
From:      "Karl Vogel" <vogelke@pobox.com>
To:        Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, joe@gracenpeace.net
Subject:   Re: best spam filter port(s) for postfix?

>> On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 23:03:06 +0200, Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl> said:

R> On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 03:20:58PM -0500, Joe in MPLS wrote:
  J> I'm running 6.2-STABLE with postfix with cyrus-sasl, imap-uw & horde for
  J> mail. I'd like to stop depending on clients(Thunderbird & PDAs) for
  J> primary spam control (especially because our PDAs don't do any). AV
  J> scanning would be a plus too.

R> I've been using bogofilter for some years now, and it works very well once
R> you've trained it properly.

   I started collecting spam a few years ago, and I use a Bayesian filter
   called ifile to handle junk.  I trained it using just over 117,000 crapmail
   messages, and I don't get a lot of spam these days...

   http://www.dnaco.net/~vogelke/Software/Internet/Servers/Mail/Spam/Ifile/

--
Karl Vogel                      I don't speak for the USAF or my company

I will not charge admission to the bathroom.
                                    --written on blackboard by Bart Simpson