Date:      Fri, 25 Jun 1999 18:09:52 +0200
From:      Joachim Jaeckel <Joachim.Jaeckel@d.kamp.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems with compiling Gnome from sources

Hello,

Iīve the following phenomenon compiling gnome from the official sources:

first, Iīve to set a link from libimlib-png.so.xxx to libimlib-png.so
manually. After that, the panel is now function properly. Only some
other applications donīt find the icons. e.g.:

the icon-select dialog -> when I add a new app-launcer to the panel, the
icon-selection works without any problems. If I add a new application
with the menu-editor (which seems to use the same icon-selection dialog)
to the panel-menu, it seems, that the icon-selection dialog reads all
the icons, but it displays not only a single one.

Additionally, I couldnīt start the gmc, if I start it, I see 2
error-messages in my xterm, e.g. the
/usr/local/share/pixmaps/gnome-default.png could not be loaded and I get
an error-message, that the default set of icons could not be found.

(the /usr/local/share/pixmaps/mc/*.png and the
/usr/local/share/pixmaps/gnome-default.png files are there and I can
read them with gimp)

(Hope, that I could make me understand...)
Thanks in advance for any answer!
--
Joachim.Jaeckel@d.kamp.net -- http://home.kamp.net/home/joachim.jaeckel