Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 14:08:32 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Duncan Barclay <dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xircom cards

In message <XFMail.000427081047.dmlb@computer.my.domain> Duncan Barclay writes:
: By the weekend I'll have a 4.0 and a -current box up and running. I've got
: a Xircom REM56G-100, am familiar with the old if_xe and need to track what
: you're doing for if_ray (which will start porting RSN) so count me as a tester.

The if_ray stuff will need the ability to set offsets, which I don't
currently have the code in place to do.  Adding it would be easy.  Is
the this port that's already running 3.x or a different one?

: Can you explain how NEWCARD relates to -current and 4-stable (i.e. what should
: I cvsup to?)

NEWCARD is the port of the NetBSD pccard system, with tweaks from the
newconfig people, to FreeBSD.  It is in the -current tree and also an
earlier version is in -stable right now.

For the if_xe stuff, you'll need to build a -current newer than
tuesday or so when I committed the patches.  I wouldn't try NEWCARD
for a little while yet.  I'm still getting the kinks worked out of
it.  Well, you could try it if you wanted to help me get the kinks
out, you could give it a spin and fix what you find broken.  I'm
getting close to needing a whole lot of drivers converted, so now
might be a good time to familiarize yourself with the code.

Warner