Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 1996 13:01:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Howard Lew <hlew@sequence.Stanford.EDU>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.1.5-RELEASE

Hi!  Does anyone know how to install 2.1.5-RELEASE via ftp to a local
machine via ethernet?

It seems to me that the installation in 2.1.5-RELEASE looks for
bin/bin.tgz instead of bin.?? and a file called bin/bin.inf

How does the remote machine need to be setup?

Currently, the stuff is follows:

The remote machine has the FreeBSD in a directory called FreeBSD...

I have tried using ftp://machine/FreeBSD or ftp://machine with no luck.
It is able to connect via ftp, but it just can not find the files... The
previous versions of FreeBSD worked in one way or another or is it broken
now?

Does anyone know how the paths should be setup?

Thanks in advance for any help...