Date:      Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:40:11 -0500
From:      Jeff Royle <sysadmin@aci.on.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Samba 3.x.x on FreeBSD 4.9

--=======649FDF8=======

I have tried various versions of Samba 3.x.x on my FreeBSD 4.9 server
without success. (Including the current port)

The install  goes smoothly however running testparm I encounter the
following errors...

Error trying to resolve symbol 'init_module' in /usr/lib/charset/CP850.so:
Cannot open "/usr/lib/charset/US-ASCII.so'
Conversion from UCS-2LE to CP850 not supported

This error repeats about 3 times for conversions.

US-ASCII.so does not exist at all on the server.

I have updated libiconv to 1.9.2 was running 1.8.x before without success.

How do I resolve this issue?   I am running out of idea's on what I can do
to fix this issue.

Thanks

Jeff Royle

---