Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 1997 13:16:43 +0100 (MET)
From:      Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org, www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit:  src/share/mk bsd.doc.mk

John Fieber writes:
>On Fri, 14 Feb 1997, Wolfram Schneider wrote:
>
>> I made a snapshot of the (Free-/4.4)BSD documentation in HTML, see
>> http://www.de.freebsd.org/~wosch/doc/
>
>Would you be interested in making this a normal part of the web
>pages?  If it is more or less a "make PRINTERDEVICE=html" it
>should be fairly trivial,

Yes, it was basically a 'make PRINTERDEVICE=html' and a
'make PRINTERDEVICE=html DESTDIR=/foo -k install'

http://www.de.freebsd.org/~wosch/doc/ is 4MB big (gzip'd 1MB).

Some documents should be changed so unroff split them in smaller parts
and create a table of contents. E.g.
http://www.de.freebsd.org/~wosch/doc/papers/malloc.html looks nice and
http://www.de.freebsd.org/~wosch/doc/psd/21.ipc/paper.html is 150KB
large and bad formatted ;-(

>although the cvs updates of the www
>build directory are a bit bizzare because there is stuff checked
>out from different places in the repository.

Right, the SRCDIR=   ${.CURDIR}/../../../../bin/csh/USD.doc etc.
is a problem, I did a

$ cvs co `find share/doc -name Makefile | xargs egrep SRCDIR= |
	awk '{print $NF}' | sed 's/.*\.\.\///' | sort -u | grep / `

to checkout bin/csh/USD.doc etc. directories.

Wolfram