Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 14:07:15 -0600
From:      "William S. Duncanson" <caesar@starkreality.com>
To:        Drew Sanford <drew@planetwe.com>, David Lebel <lebel@lebel.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: emu10k1 (soundblaster live!) still crackling.

I get pops all the time on my SBLive! card, under FreeBSD, Win2K, and
ME.  I'm starting to think that it's a hardware problem and not a
software/driver problem.  It seems to be related to the CD drives spining
up (and dumping noise into the CD audio or CD digital port, maybe?)  I
haven't quite gotten around to calling Creative about it, though.