Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 1997 08:57:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Scott J. Ellentuch" <tuc@tucslap.stormking.com>
To:        rlyon@oznet02.ozemail.com.au (Richard Lyon)
Cc:        kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net, tuc@stormking.com, FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: installing freebsd

In Richard Lyon' own words (And I ">_") :

> > On Sat, 26 Apr 1997, Scott J. Ellentuch wrote:
> >
> > > In Kevin Eliuk' own words (And I ">_") :
> > > >
> > > 	I tried, no luck.  The image is 1.474M and the disk is 1.456M!
> > > Rawrite tells me something about an ending marker problem.
> > >

> Has the disk image file been downloaded using text mode instead of binary
> mode? This may explain the inflated size.
>
> rawrite2 is faster and works from dos/win95/winnt.
>
> Regards Richard ...

	Nope, I ftp'd just to check, and its 1,474,567. Doesn't everyone
else see that number when they look at the file on ftp.freebsd.org .

			Tuc/TTSG

--
Scott J. Ellentuch, The Telecom Security Group/TTSG, Newburgh, NY
Visit our Web Site at http://www.ttsg.com/

"Over the UUCP link, out the ethernet, through the media converter, down
the fiber, off a router, down the 56K, past my ISP...nothing but Net" -
with poetic license from Dave Owen of IBM