Date:      Sat, 26 Jan 2008 00:48:26 +0000
From:      David Larkin <david.larkin@whitburncc.org.uk>
To:        "Peter" <fbsdq@peterk.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: formatting  disk  for  FreeBSD :  Detecting  IDE  Primary   Master ...  [Press F4 to skip]

It is a fairly old machine I  am trying to use.
One that has been switched  off and  gathering dust for some time.

ROM PCI/ISA BIOS  2A5LHL1A

Award Modular  BIOS v4.51PG, AnEnergy Star Ally
Copyright(c)  1984-99  Award Software, Inc.

I've never updated a BIOS before and it sounds a  bit scarey.

I guess I'll  just overwrite an old 10Gig disk with FreeBSD 4.3 on instead.

I don't really  need the extra space but thought it would be sensible to install on a new disk.

Probably  stick the new disk on ebay  ;-)