Date:      Sat, 14 Jul 2007 00:32:54 +0545
From:      Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@wlink.com.np>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD-6.1 bootup hangs after power failure

Hi All,

Due to a power outage, my FreeBSD-6.1 (i386) machine got rebooted.
However, upon reboot right after the initial startup menu, it simply hangs.

I tried rebooting the machine several times but in vain.

My Bios detects my hard drive. Also since I get the initial startup
menu, something must be wrong or corrupted in the Boot loader.

Can somebody point me or give me any hints about fixing this problem. I
have really some information in my hard drive which I want to keep or
restore.

Thanking you...

--

With best regards and good wishes,