Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 1996 12:13:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jeff Auerbach <creep@cyberwar.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ifconfig and route table problems with ppp

I am configuring ppp on my freebsd machine.  I believe that my
/etc/sysconfig configurations is right but i am still having problems.

my sysconfig looks something like this:

network interfaces="tun0 lo0"
ifconfig_tun0="inet 166.84.215.109 198.7.0.124 netmask 0xffffff00"
ifconfig_lo0="inet localhost"
-i believe that i have these devices configured correctly.  Do i need a
loopback device?

static_routes="multicast loopback"
route_multicast="224.0.0.0 -netmask 0xf0000000 -interface ${hostname}"
route_loopback="${hostname} localhost"
-this is the static route section of my /etc/sysconfig file.
Basically when i start my computer my routing tables aren't correct.  I
usually have to connect and rearrange my tables in order to telnet,ftp, etc.
is there a way to have my routing tables configured correctly at boot time?

I have read extensively but i can't seem to fix the problems.  Please
offer assistance. Thanks!

Jeff Auerbach			Cyber Warrior Inc.
Jr. System Administrator	creep@cyberwar.com