Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 06:54:27 +0100
From:      Colin Whittaker <grimnar+freebsd-net@redbrick.dcu.ie>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bge driver issue

Brooks Davis stated the following on Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 10:37:23AM -0700 :
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 06:33:06PM +0100, Colin Whittaker wrote:
> > I have a dell poweredge 2550 with which I am having all sorts of
> > nasty network problems.
> > The network interface will just stop responding.
> > I get an error message like this:
> > Jun 18 08:19:38 shekondar /kernel: bge0: watchdog timeout -- resetting
>=20
> You don't say what version of FreeBSD you are running.  There were a
> number of changes made to the bge driver a month or so ago which are
> supposed to help with some problems.  If you are running 4.5-RELEASE you
> will certaintly have trouble.

Sorry

uname -a says:
FreeBSD shekondar.heanet.ie 4.6-RC FreeBSD 4.6-RC #0: Fri May 24 15:48:31 I=
ST 2002 =20

I have seen this happen with the fxp interface as well and I have seen
this mail
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=3D22093+0+current/freebsd-isp
which leads me to believe that switching to using the intel pro1000 car
don the box will do me no good either.

Colin

--=20
"Design" is like a religion - too much of it makes you inflexibly and unpop=
ular.
		Linus Torvalds