Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 1999 12:55:52 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, new-bus@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New patches for pccard newbus kludge

In message <199908261849.UAA03794@gratis.grondar.za> Mark Murray writes:
: pccard-sio2: <compat sio> at port 0x2e8-0x2ef irq 11 slot 1 on pccard0
: pccard: sio2 Enable failed 19
: NULL com in siounload
:
: No panic on SIO, but if I change pccard.conf to sio1 instead of sio2
: (the default for my modem) I suspect it will be different.
:
: Anyway - nice to see the progress! :-)

Yes.  Since you never even get a chance to attach, you won't see the
problem...  The one good thing about these patches is that they
prevent your pccard from using resources allocated by another device,
that's why the enable failed 19 was printed, I think.  I forgetgt if
ENODEV is the error I return when I can't allocate device resources as
requested or not.

Warner