Date:      Fri, 30 May 1997 11:44:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Ted Knight <e.knight@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Subject:   Re: NAS voxware gravis ultrasound card

On Fri, 30 May 1997, Ted Knight wrote:

> Hi Amancio,
>
> rah.star-gate.com seems not to be connected to the world.
>
> I want to usae Festival with NAS so I can get some fairly decent sound.
>
> I am having trouble getting the NAS server started.  I have attached the
> output of cat /dev/sndstat  and kdump of ktrace of au -aa
>
> The kdump indicates that /dev/audio is busy.  I cant see how this is so.
>
> Can you help  me get the NAS server running.  I am running FBSD 2.2.1
> and an original Ultrasound card which is forking fine on other
> application.
>
> I am sure this is not as gee whiz  as the bt848 to you, however, I need
> some help here.

Ted, I'll try to get back to you later (I gotta run errands right now)
but I fought this once before, and at that time, NAS was opening the
wrong device numbers.  It needed to have a variable set up for the
AUDIOSERVER (just like the DISPLAY variable), and needed to have a number
changed in one of the open calls.  This shouldn't be too awful hard to
track down again, since I did it once before.

> Thanks,
> Ted Knight

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |