Date:      19 Sep 1998 22:35:04 +0200
From:      Frank Nobis <fn@Radio-do.de>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bug in elf c++

    Chuck> On Fri, 18 Sep 1998, Frank Nobis wrote:
    >> This leads to a bug in the groff package. Since the
    >> constructors for some global class instances are not called,
    >> the default value for font_path is not set and therefore groff
    >> fails to format any man page.

    Chuck> I don't have time right now to test the code you have, I'm
    Chuck> behind on homework, and speeding through my mail, but I
    Chuck> want to tell you that my groff is working just dandy, in
    Chuck> elf.  I use groff pretty heavily, because of all my school
    Chuck> papers.  I did a buildworld last night, and it's still
    Chuck> working just fine, on man pages I did not have cached 'cat'
    Chuck> copies on (I know I didn't have camcontrol(1)).

Now I succeeded with a make -j4 world. The problem with groff and man
just vanished.

I am sure, that some odd things with wrong ldconfig path was the
reason for the mentioned behaviour.

I cleaned up every file in /etc. Now I have a SMP+CAM+ELF System running.

Regards
	Frank
--
 Frank Nobis                            Email: PGP AVAILABLE
 Landgrafenstr. 130                     dg3dcn   http://www.radio-do.de/~fn/