Date:      Thu, 23 May 2002 22:02:52 -0700
From:      Joshua Lokken <joshualokken@attbi.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   printing

Hello, again

using an HP DJ 820cse.  With CUPS, it needs the pnm2ppa
mod/driver, which is a little bit more in-depth to build than I'm up to
today.
dmesg  shows:

90:ppbus0: IEEE1284 device found /NIBBLE/ECP
92:ppbus0: <HEWLETT-PACKARD DESKJET 820C> SCP,VLINK
93:plip0: <PLIP network interface> on ppbus0
94:lpt0: <Printer> on ppbus0
96:ppi0: <Parallel I/O> on ppbus0

So, regardless of the make and model, if the printer works (w/ win2k)
and I set up lp the way it's spelled out in the handbook, shoud

cat filename > /dev/lpt0

not produce some output?

Thanks for any help,

Joshua