Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 1997 17:57:22 -0800
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
Cc:        Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>, Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Version Resolution?

On Nov 21,  6:23pm, Nate Williams wrote:
} > What about the most recent timestamp in the history file for that
} > branch?
}
} What history file?  CVSup doesn't know about history files, and the CVS
} repository that FreeBSD uses doesn't contain one.

Hmn.  If were always extracting the entire tree, then you could use the
most recent timestamp in any of the files that you extract.

} > If you use "-r <branch_tag>:<date>", the most recent timestamp in the
} > history file that is older than "<date>" should be used.
}
} Huh?  "-r <BT>:<date?" doesn't work in CVS.  I consider this a bug, but
} in any case...

In my somewhat dated copy of the CVS FAQ I've seen this referred to as
both "-r <BT>:<date>" and "-D <BT>:<date>", the latter of which
wouldn't be usable with export.  I also saw mention that this only
works with the vendor and main branches, which would considerably
reduce it's utility.