Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 2013 19:20:00 GMT
From:      Raphael Kubo da Costa <rakuco@FreeBSD.org>
To:        office@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/182862: x11-fonts/croscorefonts-fonts-ttf : add some more fonts.

The following reply was made to PR ports/182862; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Raphael Kubo da Costa <rakuco@FreeBSD.org>
To: <giffunip@tutopia.com>
Cc: <bug-followup@FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 22:14:11 +0300

 <giffunip@tutopia.com> writes:

 > On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 23:35:32 +0300, Raphael Kubo da Costa
 > <rakuco@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
 >> Since these new fonts are not part of ChromeOS's core fonts
 >> collection
 >> (if we can call it that way), wouldn't it make more sense to follow
 >> upstream and have a separate port for ChromeOS extra fonts?
 >
 > To be honest, I am not sure if we can/should clasify them in the same
 > package.
 > They do share in common that they are metric-compatible to MS fonts
 > and they
 > are in the same site.
 >
 > FWIW, this looks like the homesite for the Google collection:
 >
 > https://code.google.com/p/googlefontdirectory/

 My opinion isn't really worth anything here, but I'd rather separate
 croscorefonts from crosextrafonts as upstream does, but not go as far as
 separate crosextrafonts from crosextrafonts-carlito (which upstream
 does for some weird reason):

 https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/overlays/chromiumos-overlay/+/master/media-fonts/