Date:      Sat, 04 Apr 2009 22:13:08 +0200
From:      Oliver Roeschke <o.roeschke@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Executing command on USB connect

Hi folks,

I'm using a HP Laserjet P1006 on a freebsd with cups to make the printer
available on the network.
Since this modell is one of the crapy-cheap-laserjets it has some
firmware you have to upload, everytime the printer has lost power.

Currently I'm doing this via a cron job once a hour, but it's not
satisfying, since the printer is located in the office of a customer and
at max he has to wait 1h until he can use the printer.

So my question is, how can I execute the command which uploads the
firmware (which is nothing more than a 'cat firmware > /dev/ugen0.1')
whenever the printer is connected?

Regards,
Olli