Date:      Fri, 1 Sep 2006 09:12:39 -0500
From:      Jonathan Horne <freebsd@dfwlp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MONOWALL WAN

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 16:19, Laurie Zimmerman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a client who would like to share a DSL connection with a neighboring
> office.  I would like to put my clients network (they only need to share
> Internet) on a separate IP network behind a monowall.  My question is, will
> monowall allow a private address (the LAN IP of router) to be its WAN
> address?
>
> Thanks
>
> Laurie

my firewall is pfSense, which is based on monowall.

on pfSense, in order to use a private address on the wan interface, you have
to uncheck a box that says "block private networks" (it even says 'for the
purposes of putting the wan interface on a private lan).

i would assume due the lineage of pfSense, that monowall likely has a similar
feature.

hth,
jonathan