Date:      Wed, 26 Oct 2005 00:13:51 +0100
From:      Jayton Garnett <jay@codegurus.org>
To:        Dan Charrois <dan@syz.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange crashing/rebooting problem

Hello,

You should be using the IA-64 version of FreeBSD as these are Intel
chips and nor AMD chips?
FreeBSD 5.4 IA-64 is for the Intel EM64T/Xeon/Itainium CPU's, FreeBSD
5.4 AMD64 is for the AMD 64/x2/Opteron/FX CPU's.

You will have more luck using the IA-64 release, I am not sure if you
can cvsup the source and rebuild the IA-64 version so you might have to do a
fresh install, and since you have backups of your databases it should
not take you longer than 1hour to get it all running smoothly again.

Kind regards,
Jayton Garnett