Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 1995 10:42:51 -0700
From:      Jeffrey Hsu <hsu>
To:        wstout@pixi.corp.es.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions
Subject:   (fwd) trouble installing FreeBSD 2.0.5

[I'm forwarding this to freebsd-questions, since the people there are
quite helpful on these matters.]

  > I installed it on a SCSI drive but the installation doesn't
  > seem to finish properly.  I can't seem to make it boot off the
  > drive.  Any ideas?

This seems like an easy problem to diagnose and fix, but more information
is needed.  How far in the installation process did you get?  How
many SCSI drives do you have and which drive is FreeBSD installed
on?  Do you have any IDE drives in the same machine?  More likey
than not, your drive geometry is wrong.  What kind of scsi controller
do you have?