Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 2006 14:40:19 -0700
From:      Noah <admin2@enabled.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   portmanager and perl handling

I am running portmanager with the following switches "portmanager -u -f
-l -y"
 which is building all the dependencies.  I find that perl is set to the
system version of 5.003 .   I do not want this behavior.

I want to keep updating Perl to the newer version and I want perl to
always be set to the latest port which is currently 5.8.8.  what do I
need to change in my portmanager.conf file to make sure this happens?

Cheers,

Noah