Date:      Mon, 29 May 2000 19:29:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth W Cochran <kwc@world.std.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.0-stable, OpenSSH v1 & v2

Hello...

While tracking -ports & -stable (RELENG_4), I notice that we now
have 2 versions of OpenSSH, version 1.2.2, which, being in the
main source tree, goes into /usr, and from ports, version 2.1.0,
which goes into /usr/local.

Question:  Any idea as to if/when OpenSSH v2 might make it into -stable?

Until that time, is there a Right Way to "turn off" OpenSSH v1?
Would that be to un-comment the "NO_OPENSSH" line in /etc/make.conf?

Is it reasonable to assume that OpenSSH v2 will (should)
disappear from ports when/if it goes to the main source tree?

Thanks,

-kc