Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2002 01:23:08 -0500
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   file(1) returns amusing result

As part of my FreshPorts fun, I decided that after fetching a file from
cvsweb, I should make sure the fetch worked. I decided to do that via
file(1) and inspect the output. I was testing for ASCII, but that appears
to not be good enough. Now I just test for HTML and reverse the sense of
the test.

Here was the most amusing output:

$ file -b /usr/home/dan/ports/databases/mysql++/Makefile
Apple Old Partition data block size: 21117 first type: AS_CONFIGURE=
yes, number of blocks: 1702047597,

$ head /usr/home/dan/ports/databases/mysql++/Makefile
# ports collection makefile for:        MySQL++
# Date created:                         20th July 2000
# Whom:                                 Miklos Niedermayer <mico@bsd.hu>
#
# $FreeBSD: ports/databases/mysql++/Makefile,v 1.10 2002/02/11 13:15:14
ijliao Exp $
#

PORTNAME=       mysql++
PORTVERSION=    1.7.9