Date:      Mon, 09 Aug 2004 07:55:09 +0200
From:      Hendrik Scholz <hscholz@raisdorf.net>
To:        Jon Drews <jon.drews@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (da1:umass-sim1:1:0:0): CAM Status: SCSI Status Error

Hi!

Jon Drews wrote:
> I get these strange warnings from dmesg:
>
> da1: <Generic Flash R/W 2002> Removable Direct Access SCSI-2 device
> da1: 1.000MB/s transfers
> da1: Attempt to query device size failed: NOT READY, Medium not present
> (da1:umass-sim1:1:0:0): READ CAPACITY. CDB: 25 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Do you have a memory card in the reader?
Connecting a reader w/o a card resulted in the same error but since
it's USB you have to connect the reader with a card already plugged in.

Hendrik

--
Hendrik Scholz - <hscholz@raisdorf.net> - http://www.wormulon.net/
drag me, drop me - treat me like an object