Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 1996 19:20:10 +0100 (MET)
From:      didier@omnix.fr.org
To:        Gary Crutcher <gcrutchr@nightflight.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISA to PCI switch

the aha2940 or aha2940w works fine you only have to swap the boards.

I've been using a aha2940 for 4 month with FreeBSD 2.1-stable without
any problems.

I've just installed a aha2940w with a 2Gb on a pentium 133 machine,
everything works fine with FreeBSD 2.1-stable

On Sun, 28 Jan 1996, Gary Crutcher wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I currently am using FBSD v2.1 and have the following as my SCSI controller
> card:
>
>         Adaptec AHA-1542CF HD Controller Card
>
> Can I switch to a PCI (Adaptec) controller card without having to reformat
> or re-install FBSD v2.1?
>
> Is this just a swap-the-card scenario?
>
> Is the driver for the Adaptec PCI controller card stable?  I have seen
> spurious e-mail about the PCI driver for the Adaptec card.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gary
> Gary Crutcher                           email: gcrutchr@nightflight.com
> Webmaster                                 URL: http://www.nightflight.com
> 'Flights throughout the Internet'   Voice/FAX: 619-631-7885

Didier Derny            | My computer is Microsoft Free and Bug Free
didier@aida.org         | I'm running FreeBSD 2.1-STABLE