Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 05:25:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <robert@cyrus.watson.org>
To:        Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSDCon '99 ???

I sent an email about this a while ago also and it also appeared to
disappear, as it were.  Unfortunately, that was at least a month or two
ago and I don't remember where exactly the email went. :-)  However, I was
interested in talking about POSIX.1e, security, et al if anyone was
interested.  Alternatively, I was interested in describing speculative
process execution to generate file system prefetches, as implemented in a
4.0-current kernel a month or two ago.

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Konrad Heuer wrote:

>=20
> Hi everyone!
>=20
> I'm a little bit disappointed about the organizers of FreeBSDCon '99. I
> sent two or three times a question about submitting a paper to
> info@freebsdcon.org or papers@freebsdcon.org without *any* response.
> Instead of having used sendmail, I could have moved my mail directly to
> /dev/null.
>=20
> It's absolutely my intention to detach my cutup from my personal
> experience. It's just my opinion that an event made to increase the
> publicity of FreeBSD should not lead to frustration in the user community=
=2E
>=20
> Maybe my experience is singular one. In that case, the reader should
> forget this mail or reply with a positive message. But if someone else ha=
> made a similar experience, we should discuss, and the organizers of
> FreeBSDCon '99 should think about.
>=20
> Regards
>=20
> //
> // Konrad Heuer                                  ____            ___  ___=
____=20
> // Gesellschaft f=FCr wissenschaftliche           / __/______ ___ / _ )/ =
__/ _ \
> //    Datenverarbeitung mbH G=D6ttingen          / _// __/ -_) -_) _  |\ =
\/ // /
> // Am Fa=DFberg, D-37077 G=D6ttingen              /_/ /_/  \__/\__/____/_=
__/____/=20
> // Deutschland (Germany)                      ----- The Power to Serve --=
---
> //                                                http://www.freebsd.org
> // kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de
> //
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

  Robert N M Watson=20

TIS Labs at Network Associates, Computing Laboratory at Cambridge Universit=
Safeport Network Services