Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 1997 19:01:24 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        torstenb@onizuka.tb.9715.org (Torsten Blum)
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAL and miroMedia PCTV

> I got the PAL mode working by setting BT848_IFORM_X_AUTO in the METEOR_FMT_PAL
> ioctl.
> Unfortunately the audio part still doesnt work. Only when I switch to
> a unused channel I can hear some noise...

since NTSC audio is at 4.5MHz whereas PAL audio is at 5.5/6/6.5
MHz from the video carrier, this is where the presence of a NTSC tuner
might really make a difference (by having a different bandwidth on
output). Maybe this is programmable, maybe not, I have no idea.

I am curious though, where do you live and is your card supposed to
work in your country (e.g. in dos/windows) ?

	Cheers
	Luigi