Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2019 00:06:28 +0100
From:      =?UTF-8?B?S2FtaWxhIFNvdcSNa292w6E=?= <kamila@ksp.sk>
To:        samir.otmane@numericable.fr
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: Barebone kernel options request

> there's things in kernel-land that i'd like to avoid but i've seen no
options so far for it. (like as it could be nooptions JAIL)
> I'm already aware of kernel configuration file, i'm just asking if one
can help to get like that (some kind of patch that would add code like
#ifdef JAIL ... #endif).

I believe removing jails cannot be done with just the config file and would
be a lot of work to do at all. That said, I wouldn't remove them even if I
could and didn't need them for isolating services: jails can also be useful
for a variety of "unexpected" purposes, such as building ports with
poudriere, poking at boot environments, or even playing with linuxulator.
On several of my systems, I have zero jails running by default, yet I
consider it useful to have them available when the need arises :-)

Kamila