Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 2002 18:13:50 -0500
From:      Matthew Reimer <mreimer@vpop.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATAPI CD on -stable can't read VCD

I'm not able to read a VCD with FreeBSD-stable. Attempting to mount the
CD causes this error:

Apr 22 17:57:37 bilbo /kernel: acd0: READ_BIG - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x64
ascq=0x00 error=0x00

Xine figures out how many tracks there are, but attempting to play any
of them fails with "read error 22" (EINVAL).

I'm using the VCD image at
http://www.vcdimager.org/pub/vcdimager/examples/test_svcd/ for testing.

I think this is a regression, because a couple of months ago I could
play VCD's just fine.

Can anyone help? I'm willing to help debug/test/instrument.

Matt