Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2000 19:22:04 +0200
From:      Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   named broken?

Hello,
I cvsupped my development box at about 13:00 GMT and did a make world
afterwards. I now had to reboot it and named, which has got exactly one
slave zone and one dummy zone for the LAN, began to bomb the primary
(which is colocated elsewheree) with named-xfers to a point, where my 512kbit
connection wasn't of real use anymore (ssh with about two chars/s...).
Has anyone a idea what's happening here?

If I comment the zone in named.conf out, everything works as usual.
During the reboot, named stated that the slave zone did timeout
but from my understanding, a single named-xfer would be enough
to get that solved (and bombing the primary dns is surely not required
anyway).

Best regards,
 Gabriel