Date:      Tue, 24 May 2005 08:29:44 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
To:        Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (ATI chipsets|mATX boards) and amd64

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 11:33:50AM +0200, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> In the interest of covering more of the bases wrt. consumer chipsets for the
> hardware compat page, has anyone ever used FreeBSD-amd64 with either of the
> following boards (and if so, how successful was it)?
>
> - MSI RX480M2. This is an ATI chipset, ATI Radeon XPRESS 200P, which I've
> never seen mentioned on the list before. It might be an interesting kind of
> board, with PCI-E for video but no useless PCI-E x1 slots.

I'll let you know ASAP.  I was building one of these and an Asus K8N-DL
this past weekend (but didn't have time to finish the MSI RX480M2).

One thing I don't like about the MSI RX480M2 is that it doesn't have a
serial port on the back connector.  :~-(  It does have a parallel port...
which I'm surprised wasn't "lost" before loosing the serial port.
There is a serial port header on the motherboard, but the needed cable
isn't included with the motherboard, and the header is in a place that
typical header cables aren't long enough.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)