Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 2004 15:34:26 +0200
From:      Joost Bekkers <joost@jodocus.org>
To:        Feczak Szabolcs <feczo@geek.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPX 802.2 nwfs

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 03:13:29PM +0200, Feczak Szabolcs wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 03:08:04PM +0200, Joost Bekkers wrote:
> > While your linux box is using number 2
> Linux box is a client as well, server is on
> network 2DB6EBF8 as I see it out, but maybe
> Im wrong
>
> > Try 'ifconfig vr0f2 ipx 2'
>
> Meanwhile someone advised to get rid of multiframe types
> compile only 802.2 in, so I did:
>
> # ifconfig vr0 ipx 2

AFAIK this sets ipx network 2 on ETHERNET_II framing, your server
is doing ETHERNET_802.2

To be sure of which network number you should use, type 'config'
on the netware console and look for the nic connected to the segment
your client is connected to.

> # netstat -rn | grep -A 3 IPX
> IPX:
> Destination        Gateway            Flags    Netif Expire
> 2.*                2.c6ee8155b        U         vr0

FYI: you can use the -f option in netstat to filter a protocol (netstat -rnf ipx)

--
greetz Joost
joost@jodocus.org