Date:      Thu, 19 Nov 1998 09:19:16 -0500
From:      Eric Ashbaugh <eashbaugh@hns.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   General questions

FYI,

I have browsed the web pages and still have a few remaining
questions about FreeBSD that I hope someone might be able to
answer.

I am looking for an OS for an embedded real-time application.
The OS will most likely run on a pentium PC.

Questions:

1) How does FreeBSD function in a "headless" state.  That is,
no display, mouse, or keyboard.

2) I saw information about installation of FreeBSD.  What about
upgrades??  It is desired that this can be done remotely over
a network with no on-site support.

3) How about support of ATM NICs?  I did not see mention of that
in the release notes.

4) Information on debugging facilities/tools?

I guess that covers my initial questions.  Thanks in advance for
the information.

Eric Ashbaugh
Hughes Network Systems