Date:      Mon, 2 Mar 2015 13:34:43 -0500
From:      Brett Wynkoop <freebsd-arm@wynn.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Raspberry Pi B+ - swap failure on boot [solved]

On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 21:03:26 +1100
Trevor Roydhouse <trev@sentry.org> wrote:

> There is an /etc/rc.d/swap file. If I remove this file from /etc/rc.d
> then swap works on boot (and is in fact added by /etc/rc.d/swaplate).
> If I leave /etc/rc.d/swap, swap always fails on boot.

Rather than remove /etc/rc.d/swap you should use the late option in
fstab to specify you want swap added late:

md             none    swap    sw,file=/usr/swap/0,late        0       0

-Brett

--

wynkoop@wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6925

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of
speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to
assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.