Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 2000 11:20:25 +0200
From:      Johann Visagie <wjv@cityip.co.za>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SGI releases XFS under GPL

Kris Kennaway on 2000-09-28 (Thu) at 02:05:31 -0700:

> > I'm idly wondering whether it would be possible (or indeed desirable) to port
> > this to FreeBSD.
>
> Anything is possible, but it only ever happens if someone, somewhere does
> the work.

Heh... well.  What XFS has to offer is explained in a fair amount of detail
on their page.  My "idle wondering" was centered more around whether it would
be desirable to have this functionality available for FreeBSD, taking into
account all the variables (e.g. the fact that it is under GPL).  I was hoping
someone with more knowledge than I have of FreeBSD's future filesystem
direction could humour me.  This is -chat, after all.  :-)

-- Johann