Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 06:03:30 -0800
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@EnContacto.Net>
To:        J & C Frazier <admin@csocs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with sendmail and NSI

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you try to send it by using telnet to
port 25? Then just cut and paste your form, but I have an idea there may be
another problem.

telnet networksolutions.com 25
Trying 216.168.224.69...
Connected to networksolutions.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 networksolutions.com ESMTP

ed

networksolutions.com    preference = 10, mail exchanger = networksolutions.com

Quoting J & C Frazier <admin@csocs.com>:

> And it escalates.....
>
> Tried to send NSI a form (that I had them send to an "off box" address).
> It seems not only do I not "get" their mail, but I can't "send" to them
> either.
> Gotta love it.....I'm out of ideas and they're no help.  Numerous tries now
>
> and the following is what I get back:
>
> Subject:         Warning: could not send message for past 4 hours
>    Date:         Tue, 16 Jan 2001 23:13:57 -0700 (MST)
>    From:         Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON>
>      To:         <admin@csocs.com>

>     **      THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY      **
>     **  YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE  **
>
> The original message was received at Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:12:11 -0700
> (MST) from Bdialup74.chyn.uswest.net [209.181.14.233]
>
>    ----- The following addresses had transient non-fatal errors -----
> <hostmaster@networksolutions.com>

> <hostmaster@networksolutions.com>... Deferred: Operation timed out with
> networksolutions.com.
> Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
> Will keep trying until message is 5 days old

EnContacto.Net - InternetSalon.Org - CafeMania.Net