Date:      Mon, 18 Jul 2005 19:58:43 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6vesd=E1n_G=E1bor?= <gabor.kovesdan@t-hosting.hu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org,  freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   rcNG issue

Hello,

I have a problem with my rcNG scripts. There are three scripts:
named.sh, apache2.sh and proftpd.sh. Apache and ProFTPd require hostname
resolving thus named should start firstly. The headers of my scripts are:

named.sh:

#!/bin/sh
#

# PROVIDE: named
# REQUIRE: SERVERS
# BEFORE:  apache2 proftpd mysqld
# KEYWORD: FreeBSD shutdown

. /etc/rc.subr

apache2.sh:

#!/bin/sh
#

# PROVIDE: apache2
# REQUIRE: NETWORKING SERVERS named
# BEFORE: DAEMON
# KEYWORD: FreeBSD shutdown

. /etc/rc.subr

proftpd.sh:

#!/bin/sh
#

# PROVIDE: proftpd
# REQUIRE: DAEMON
# BEFORE: LOGIN
# KEYWORD: FreeBSD shutdown

. /etc/rc.subr

And when I enable all the three scripts in rc.conf, the apache hangs
because it can't resolve the computer's hostname. It's really annoying,
I have to manually start it after a reboot, or wait for the cronscript
that checks whether it is running.
What's wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Gábor Kövesdán