Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 2009 09:37:03 +0100
From:      "Mr. Olli" <mister.olli@googlemail.com>
To:        Atom Powers <apowers@digipen.edu>
Cc:        "freebsd-xen@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-xen@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Problems with FreeBSD 8-CURRENT as Xen domU

Hi,

this is totally true if you're using FreeBSD8 in para-virtualized mode.
The GENERIC kernel does not include support for using FreeBSD8 as PV
domU, so you need to compile it yourself.

The same is true for updating, you have to use the source directly,
AFAIK no change to update it via binary upgrade mechanisms.

Regards,
---
Mr. Olli