Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 19:40:33 -0500
From:      "[ -dp- ]" <transmogrify@sympatico.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: REAL stupid question

James wrote:

> I would like to know where to put a command that will start, say.....Apache
> on boot. I am not sure which rc files I can muck with ( to used to sys V
> arch I guess, sorry ). Any and all help is much appreciated! Thanks!

In Apaches case, depending on the release it will take care of the
startup itself upon installation.
As for anything else rc, rc.conf, rc.local, or even better your own
startup script referenced from one
of these files to take care of the tasks.
> -James
>
> James Kelty
> Unix Systems Administrator
> jkelty@digital-impact.com
> 650.356.3423

[ - deadpoint - ]
Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Email: dp@penix.org
BIO: http://bling.dyn.dhs.org
GPG Key fingerprint: 2D7C A7E2 DB1F EA5F 8C6F&nbsp; D5EC 3D39 F274 4AA3
E8B9
Public Key available here: http://bling.dyn.dhs.org/dp.asc