Date:      Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:57:33 +0200
From:      Peter Reimer <punky@gmx.ch>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   PowerD Problem and strange cooler behaviour

Hello list,

I've two problems with my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M 7440 and I hope
someone have an idea.

When I start the notebook, the cooler starts with the highest speep.
If the processor for a short time becomes warmer than 49.8°C
(2nd temperature in hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._ACx), the cooler stops. So,
after I start the notebook I compile the kernel to warm-up the
processor :) Is there another way to stop the cooler? I've already
googled around but haven't found another way yet.

My 2nd problem deals with powerD. When I start powerD, it takes my
whole processor power and after some seconds, it needs about 90%. Some
seconds later, my system crashes (without a panic). I have cpufreq
compiled in my kernel, the rest of my kernel config is as GENERIC.

My system is a Pentium M 1.73 GHz (perhaps Pentium 740).

Thanks in advance,
Peter

PS
Sorry for mistakes, english is a foreign language for me.