Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 1998 02:09:32 -0500
From:      "Security Mgr." <trouble@webfyre.com>
To:        telecom1@erols.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NT vs FreeBSD

Geeee This is going to be HARD..... heheheheh {{GRIN}}!!

>         Questions:
>         ---------
>
>                1.) Ease of Use (Administration)

FreeBSD .... allows more control over what you are trying to do or
accomplish.

>                2.) Software Compatibility Issues (cgi's, perl scripts, C
> programs, etc.)

FreeBSD .... all capable under freebsd with no installation hassles, also
tcl, python, java ;)

>                3.) Re-booting Issues

FreeBSD.... turn it on and let it run forever..... even after you install
new software

>                4.) Security (Which is more secure?)

FreeBSD is far far more secure, NT doesnt know the meaning of security

>                5.) FreeBSD w/ Apache OR Website Pro for NT?
>                which is better & why?

FreeBSD and apache ..... more throuput, easier to upgrade, and understand,
also much faster at serving requests

>               6.) Anything else I forgot to mention.