Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2006 23:46:23 +0100
From:      VeeJay <maanjee@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, maanjee@gmail.com
Subject:   FreeBSD 6.1 i386 Installation Questions!

I am installing FreeBSD 6.1 i386 on my Web Server:

Could you guys advise that

1. What should be the minimum / (Root) Partition Size? (So, I don't waste
lot of space just for Root)

2. What should be the minimum /usr Partition Size?

3. For a FreeBSD Web Server (with mysql), what should be ideal BLOCK and
FRAGMENT sizes?

4. Which shell is best to use and secure? is it BASH or TCSH?

5. Network Confirgruations:
    a. host is just a machine unique name, to see/access on LAN, right?

    b. If I don't have a domain name, so what "domain" I should give? could
it be just the ip address?

    c. can I change the LAN ip address which was given during installation
with WAN ip address when server is up and running with direct connection to
world?

--
Thanks!

BR / vj