Date:      Sun, 1 Jun 2003 21:24:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      doug <doug@fledge.watson.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache question - Method Not Allowed

I thought I would post the answer as an FYI because I would not believe
it, but ...

It is possbile to produce this error by mal-formed html. A customer
reported that a form produced by netobjects would not work, producing the
method not allowed error. The html is hopelessly complex but the <form>
... </form> tags contains the input fields and the submit button.
Apparently that is not enough. I recoded the form by hand (composer / kate
/ vi) to make it work with no changes to apache.

The only references to this error I could find in questions, google, and
apache.org suggest "Method Not Allowed" is a configuration error. Not so.
I did not attempt to debug the NetObj form leaving that to the customer.